I use a 3P model ( Progress , Priority , Problem ) limited to not more than 4 points per section as a note structure in Evernote for every team member to remain on top of their priorities and report effectively on the progress made on key items aligned towards over-all goal of the team on weekly basis. I have every team member create a note for themselves and report in this common format.This is shared across the team through a notebook using Evernote.
What this allows me to do is :
- Creates transparency for all team members
- Identify any prioritization conflicts across team resources
- Quickly adjust our goals in-line with current targets
- Collate and report to business in a concise manner
- Attack and resolve problems to make way for progress and focus on the priorities
I try to keep things simple and frugal to extent possible. Hope folks reading this find it useful in managing their team interactions.